The University of Kansas Libraries
UMKC Courtesy Card Program Participants
The following documentation is required to apply for a KU Library Borrower Card:
- A currently valid photo ID card, preferably a state issued driver’s license or photo ID. A currently valid passport is also accepted.
- A currently valid UMKC Courtesy Card.
- Completion of the KU Library Borrower Card Application Form.
- Payment of $20.00/year or $7.00/semester. The amount charged will be determined by the expiration date on the Courtesy Card. Replacement cards cost $20.00.
- Renewal of the card for another time period requires repeating the authentication process.
Note: The policies of the UMKC Courtesy Card program specify that privileges are granted for the current semester. This means loan periods may be less than the standard six weeks and that online renewals will be blocked. However, upon presentation of an updated UMKC Courtesy Card, borrowing privileges will be renewed; any charges will be determined by the time period covered by the previous payment.
See Basic Library Services for a description of services available to UMKC Courtesy Card Program Participants. See KU Library Borrower Card for information about how to apply for and purchase a card and Purchase Prices for KU Library Borrower Cards for a complete price list.