The University of Kansas Libraries
Faculty from Other OCLC Program Institutions Visiting the University of Kansas Libraries
This information is for faculty who will be visiting the University of Kansas Libraries. Faculty who want to conduct research at Spencer Research Library should review their Registration Procedures and Use of Library Materials for information about that library.
Faculty who want to check out circulating library materials will be asked to purchase a KU Library Borrower Card. The following documentation is required to apply for a KU Library Borrower Card:
- A valid photo ID card, preferably a state issued driver’s license or photo ID.
- A current OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program card from a participating institution.
- Completion of the KU Library Borrower Card Application Form.
- Payment of $20.00/year (replacement cards cost $20.00).
- Renewal of the card for another year requires repeating the authentication process.
See Basic Library Services for description of services available to faculty who apply for library privileges under the OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program. See KU Library Borrower Card for information about how to apply for and purchase a card.