The KU Libraries have five book drops located on the Lawrence Campus and one on the Edwards Campus in Overland Park. You can return most of the books you check out at times convenient to you at any of these locations:
- Anschutz Library: walk-up location to left of front entrance to library via Hoch Auditoria Drive
- Art & Architecture Library: walk-up location on Spencer Museum of Art Drive (from Mississippi Street) behind Spencer Museum of Art near walkway to building
- Music & Dance Library: walk-up location on east side of Murphy Hall on Summerfield Hall Drive by way of Sunnyside Avenue
- Regents Center Library: walk-up location on the Edwards Campus outside the east entrance to the Regents Center Building
- Spahr Engineering Library: walk-up location on east side of the Library in the Eaton Plaza
- Watson Library: walk-up location to right of front entrance by way of Jayhawk Boulevard and Sunflower Road
Certain materials are vulnerable to damage in a book drop due to heat, climate and space conditions. Reserve items need to be returned to the service desk to ensure that they are available to other patrons.
DO NOT return the following materials in a book drop:
- Reserve items
- Map library items
- Microfilm, microfiche
- Unbound journals & magazines
- LPs, cassettes, videos, CDs, DVDs
If you have questions about any materials, please call a library service desk.
The book drop for the Music & Dance Library is located inside Murphy Hall to the right of the entrance to the library (there is a separate slot for CDs and DVDs); it is open only during hours that the library is closed.
Wheat Law Library materials can be returned in any of the six KU Libraries book drops; the same policies apply on what can be returned.