The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
KULSS Executive Meeting
Thursday, December 6, 2012, 10:00-11:00
Present: Julie Woodrick (Chair), Kristin Zachrel (Secretary), Kyle Sederstrom (Group 1), Laura Skarka (Group 2)
Previous Meetings Action Items
|Julie||DONE||Talk to Meredith about vice-chair position.|
|All||Pending||Ask around for Group 3 rep.|
Meredith will serve as Vice-Chair but she can’t come to meetings until February. Julie will call for a special election to vote for her per the code.
Group 1 (Kyle): Nothing to report.
Group 2 (Laura): Room 210 had a baby shower for Kelly Sudbeck.
Group 3 (Vacant): The 100 Years of the Jayhawk soiree took place last night at Spencer.
Support Staff Senate: Nothing to report.
University Committee on Libraries: Nothing to report.
Mentoring Committee: Nothing to report.
PRC: Nothing to report
LOSDC: Nothing to report.
Dean's KULSS Meeting (next mtg: tentatively Dec. 19th): Haven't met yet.
Concerns to Bring up to the Dean/Mike:
- Until we get a new Vice-Chair, Kristin will attend the meetings with Julie.
- This doesn't necessarily need to be addressed in the Dean's meeting, but it should be addressed with Mike: Discuss supervisor coaching to encourage participation in things like staff development and other types of learning and involvement.
- LSS & LFPA are doing the holiday party tomorrow. There will be food and mingling.
- Start planning for the staff development event on January 10th (our next meeting).
- Start getting budget info together to submit to the Dean.
- Ask Jessica to participate.
- Should have a basic theme.
- Liked last years format of 1 morning session & afternoon of concurrent session.
- Start brainstorming.
- Should we do follow up on introvert/extravert?
Action Items for Next Meeting
|Julie||Next Mtg||Send out another call for Group 3 rep volunteer.|
|Julie||February||Call for a special election to vote for Meredith as Vice-Chair.|
(Items to be aware of for the future, not necessarily discussed in current meeting)
- HREO EEO Categories
- Work with LFPA to change the language for the Dean's 5-Year Review Committee to include a Support Staff member.
Next Meeting:Thursday, January 10, 10:00-11:00 at Watson 503A