The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
Classified Conference of the KU Libraries
Feb. 12, 2003
Present: Mary Ann Baker (Chair.), Helen Dee (Vice-Chair.), Kurt Blythe (Secretary), Jesse Bryson (Group I Rep.), Kevin Fussell (Group II Rep.), Janet Revenew (Group III Rep.)
Absent: Lynn Koenig (Group IV Rep.)
· Website Review: The maintenance of the Classified Conference (CC) website will be assigned to CCEB in the Code. In turn, CCEB will delegate this responsibility to a qualified individual or individuals on a yearly basis.
o List of "Participation Myths": This section of the website must be updated.
· Organization Charts: All finished charts will be updated soon and the mandate for continuing to compile these charts will be added to the Guidelines when the review committee meets. As far as unfinished charts go, Janet Revenew has provided an informal chart of Access Services and has indicated that the rest of Group III's chart will be finished by 2003 Feb. 26.
· Meeting with the Dean & the Personnel Officer: The next meeting will take place in March.
Group Representatives' Reports
· Group II: Kevin Fussell reports the hiring of 3 new classified personnel in Cataloging.
Committee Representatives' Reports
· Classified Employee of the Year Award (CEYA): Nominations are in.
· Planning & Resource Committee (PRC): Sue Hewitt reports that an open meeting is planned for 2003 Feb. 14 to discuss Student Assistant allocations.
· Diversity Committee: The first meeting of this semester is scheduled for 2003 Feb. 13.
· Instruction Council (IC): Bayliss Harsh reports by email that over the next couple of months, IC will probably begin reviewing and revising the Instruction Plan, which includes a mission statement. In addition, IC will be sponsoring a staff workshop this spring on a yet-to-be-chosen topic.
Calendar for Remainder of Year
· Alternatives to Civil Service Meeting: In accordance with the pending Town Meetings concerning the proposal to move classified staff from the civil service system to the University system, Sue Hewitt has volunteered to organize a meeting in Watson to ease the staff of the Libraries accessibility to this information. Janet Revenew has volunteered to consult with Denise Swartz regarding CCEB receiving monies to procure refreshments for the meeting.
· CC General Meeting: CCEB is pondering suggestions for focus of meeting. We may request that the Dean speak on the current developments in the Watson reconfiguration. The meeting to take place in late April or early May.