The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
Classified Conference of the KU Libraries
May 14, 2003
Present: Mary Ann Baker (Chair.), Kurt Blythe (Secretary), Jesse Bryson (Group I Rep.), Kevin Fussell (Group II Rep.), Lynn Koenig (Group IV Rep.)
Absent: Helen Dee (Vice-Chair.), Janet Revenew (Group III Rep.)
2003/2004 Election: The ballot was mailed out on the 6th of May with a return date of the 19th of May.
2003/2004 Appointments: Two people are needed for Staff Development Committee (SDC). One person is needed for Planning & Resource Committee (PRC). Three to seven people are needed for CCPC.
May Meeting w/ the Dean and the Personnel Officer: Cancelled in light of the pending general meeting.
Group Representatives' Reports: Kevin Fussell reported for Group II that an Open House is set to take place in Serials and Cataloging on the 20th of May.
Committee Representatives' Reports: Bayliss Harsh reports that
Instruction Council (IC) is working to revise the publication, "The
University of Kansas: A Reference Guide." Angie Rathmel has volunteered
for CCPC to remind staff to respond to Al Mauler's email regarding a
Preparation for General Meeting:
· Mike Rusche has designed an invitation.
· The Dean has committed to delivering a brief "State of the Libraries" address.
· Sandy Gilliland will speak on a topic to be announced later.
· Staff Development Committee (SDC) may attend in the entirety of its membership in order to discuss the proposed new SDC structure and any Code changes needed to facilitate the new structure.
· Lynn George of Human Resources has been invited to discuss the 1.5% raise, as well as any other personnel-related matters of interest to the CC membership.
· KU Classified Senate has declined the invitation of CCEB to attend the general meeting.
· Library Faculty Assembly (LFA) Exec chair has been invited, but has yet to RSVP.
· As regards the announcement of the new Board, Jeff McAdams will not be in attendance and Denise Swartz must leave before 2pm.
· Jeff McAdams will extend invitations to Classified staff on other library committees to see if they wish to give a brief report.
· Group Representatives have lists of staff hired this year and retirees who will be invited to the party. Representatives will perform the necessary introductions.
· The order of the meeting: First, old CCEB will be introduced with the Secretary coming last so that he may announce the election results and the new Board. Then our esteemed guests will be introduced followed by new Classified staff and resigned/retired staff. Al Mauler will introduce the winner of the CEYA, Barb Woodruff, and he will thank the CEYA committee and Ann Snow. Finally, guests will discuss what it is they have to discuss.
· Mary Ann Baker, Lynn Koenig, Mike Rusche, Jesse Bryson, Kevin
Fussell and Kurt Blythe will arrive early to set up. Everyone in CCEB
is expected to stay late to clean up.
· Mary Ann will bring plates, napkins, cups and food. Kevin Fussell will bring soda, juice, and ice. Everyone else will bring food and utensils.