The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
Classified Conference Executive Board (CCEB)
Friday, Aug 11th, 2005
WATSON B -- 10-11:30am
PRESENT: Rebecca Claassen (FY06Vice-Chair); Jill Becker (Grp 3), Monica Claassen-Wilson (FY06 Chair), Kevin Fussell (Grp 2), Angie Rathmel (Secretary), Denise Swartz (Grp 1), Robert Szabo (Grp 4)
Approval of the minutes of June 29th meeting to be determined by email.
Review previous meeting’s action items
WHO? BY WHEN? WHAT?
1. Monica: Send a link to the salary bands listed on HR website (DONE)
2. Denise: Check dates/room for Fall general meeting (Sep 16th or Sep 23rd 10-11:30AM) (DONE)
3. Denise: Make sure Jaybowl is open December 15th 10-11:30am for Retreat (Special Meeting) (see new action)
Recently held a retreat from which 2 surveys were created. Mary Ann asked CCEB’s input by early next week.
Fall General Meeting Agenda
Stella asked to come talk about the merit pay process.
Introduce new members (invite grievance committee, planning resources committee)
Talk about our plans for the year, review the website
- update on transition to USS other Senate updatesAsk MaryAnn for a rep from Classified Senate
- hold on reclassifications and reworking of job description for current and new staff
- new disciplinary boardDiscuss/vote new name for CCEB.
- plans for Senate
Planning and Resources Committee (PRC)
LFA talked to Stella about PRC charges. Stella suggested PRC work with Shannon to organize presentation on budget for sometime in the Fall. Suggests 3-year plan (due to Provost announcement that no new money in this time). We will issue this as a joint LFA CCEB charge to PRC.
Donna confirmed the Sep 11 effective date for merit pay increase at a recent Cataloging dept meeting. Position formerly held by Mike Rusche now going to be filled in Acq/Ser. Hiring 2 unclassified positions. Hiring for position formerly held by Laura Horne is on hold. LSS
ILL desk rearranged to make room for Preservation Librarian Office. Still moving (Herman Miller arriving for circ desk in Watson, old pieces gone). . Desk limited to 3-4 only at a time. Open reserves being considered for the Spring semester.
Debra Riley Huff and Erin Ellis (Psyc/Soc) moved to Anschutz. See Bill Crowe’s email. Shelf reading the entire GovDocs collection. Remote book drops (drive ups perhaps at Art/Arch and Music/Dance) progressing.
Dean/HR Agenda Items for Wed. Aug 24th 2005.
Action Items for next meeting
WHO? BY WHEN? WHAT?
1. CCEB: Mon 8/15 Complete Classified Senate survey/offer input to Mary Ann
2. Monica: Send invitations to guests and committees for General Meeting
3. Denise: Ask JoNell to serve on PRC.
4. Robert: Write email for suggestion for new name
5. Group Reps: Upon above Send out approved email for suggestions of new name
6. Kevin: Work on door prize for winner of suggestion
7. Denise: Make sure Jaybowl is open December 15th 10-11:30am for Retreat (Special Meeting)