The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
Classified Conference Executive Board
Mar 22, 2005
Wat Conf Rm A -- 1:00-2:30pm
PRESENT: Monica Claassen-Wilson (Vice-Chair), Laura Horne (Chair), Kevin Fussell (Grp 2), Angie Rathmel (Secretary), Denise Swartz (Grp 3)
ABSENT: Rebecca Claassen (Grp 1), Robert Szabo (Grp 4)
Approval of the minutes
Review of previous meetings action items
WHO? BY WHEN? WHAT?
1. Laura Friday Email announcement re: CCPC for FY05 a
2. Monica Upon above Place announcement re: CCPC FY05 to website a
3. Monica ASAP Change 2004 General Mtg minutes re: date the new evaluation form will take effect. a
4. Monica Today Email reminder to attend the all staff HR candidate meetings a
Last Mgmt Council we discussed Residency Program proposal. Got good feedback. Stella had made point that she was very supportive and mentioned the good timing with Tuition Enhancement program. Next step to discuss this at DC’s next meeting, then to discuss finances with Stella, then application process. Will be treated like a search, with separate search committee. FY2006.
Another Movie Luncheon in the next month. This time will allow time for discussion.
Website still under construction. Though soon will have pictures. Right now is on intranet, will make it public when it is ready.
CCEB’s website info on Diversity Committee is outdated. Will update
for the moment and will add link as it is available.
**See email about ACS proposal in House and Senate. Went to House, referred to the House Higher Education Committee, sent to Eber Phelps as its rep.
Beginning to plan the shape of Classified Senate and how it fits into University Governance when we are no longer “Classified Staff”.
Report from Parking Commission Open Meeting
History of what has gone on before, plan for the future.
- restriping (add 1000)
- park and ride at Lied
- Overflow Daisy-Lied
- Rec center
- Business move to behind JRP
- more satellite locations (isn’t as effected by demand)
- KU moving towards #1 in high prices may effect declining enrollment rather than declining urge to drive
- All staff paying same permit price, though scale of salary is varied.
- Parking garage in Lot90: issue of attracting heavy traffic to already heavy 19th St. traffic. Plus these types are very expensive, current ones are not yet paid for.
- Consultant offered a lot of recommendations but noted they were not set to implement any of them.
- Handicap placard/license plate gets and id, but no one asks for it. Require ID card at booth?
- Different fine structure.
- Meeting next Tuesday Mar 29th re: increase in pricing to make up a deficit for now (4 million in debt – deferred maintenance). But would like to make enough to afford future maintenance coverage. Another (reg meeting time) Apr 21st.
- Lot assignment, closer parking for carpools.
CCEB’s “Parking Lot’ review
Aug 10th initiated big review of Code/Guidelines. Any changes, begin with Guidelines. However, recommend waiting to make any changes until the UCS proposal occurs. Areas of focus (mostly resolved):
- ad hoc/standing: suggest FY2006 CCPC kept ad hoc and attempt to activate again.
- ex officio: just means non-voting, what is the significance of this?
- setting agenda: working fine that chair is taking from the former meeting and accepts feedback from classified staff.
- election of chair annual vs. chair elect : resolved that vice-chair is not annually chair-elect.
July 27th. Bring in past CCEB members, and other committee member, to get better idea of what CCEB should work on. One Problem area to consider: No incentive for Classified Staff to be participatory. Talk with administration for ideas for incentive.
Suggest for FY2006, waiting on legislation.
Closed search for head of copy cataloging and will create original cataloger position with that money to report to John Richardson. This lack of a 4th supervisory position is shifting the balance to other supervisors. To alleviate this, preparing to form working groups/working coordinators to help relieve direct supervisor with daily questions. Support Services already doing this.
Getting new carpet in Marking.
Stromberg update requested. Campus mail only tied to library through Kent’s supervision. They will stay in Strong Hall and will still maintain separate budget. (see email)
Agenda for next meeting with Stella and Sharon (Mar 23, 3pm)
1) Time in/out system: What’s the timeframe, biometric component, and training.
2) Timeline for student guidelines
3) Is there a “How are we doing with Lib Reorganization” (specifically Watson/Ansz public areas)
4) What is the status of HR position
5) What is the status of CEYA
Denise will get treats. Date to be set Thursday, May 5th 10:00-11:30am Back-up date Tuesday, May 10th 10:00-11:30am (pending RS and Cat slots)
Action Items for next meeting
WHO? BY WHEN? WHAT?
Erin Send list of DC membership to update CCEB website blurb.
Monica Upon receipt of above Update website re: DC
Denise Set up next meeting Apr 5 in Music
Laura Check dates with Dean for CCEB general meeting.
Denise Upon confirmation pf above Set calendar reservation for Watson A&B.
Members would like to learn more about the different kinds of committees (referring to the Code and the Guidelines)