The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
KU Library Support Staff (KULSS) Exec
Thursday, May 4th , 2006
Art Rm104– 10am-11:30am
PRESENT: Monica Claassen-Wilson (FY06 Chair), Rebecca Claassen (FY06 Vice-Chair), Angie Rathmel (Secretary), Jill Becker (Group 3), Kevin Fussell (Group 2), Denise Swartz (Group 1), Robert Szabo (Group 4)
Approval of Apr. 20th Meeting Minutes DONE
Approval of Apr. 20th Meeting Action Items
WHO? BY WHEN? WHAT?
1. Denise: Schedule next meeting in Music or Spencer. DONE (Not avail. Meeting in Art Rm 104).
2. All: Next meeting - General Meeting planning See below
3. All: Next Meeting - Elections See below
4. Denise: Ask Shannon re: funds for General Meeting.
5. Angie: Monday - Request dictation/recording device from Special Office Supply. DONE
Support Staff Senate (from Mary Ann Baker)
The University Support Staff Senate is working on a brochure to highlight the USS service to the University community. We're going to include "action" photos with very brief descriptions of what action is taking place. For example, we might have a photo & description of a groundskeeper tending a bed of tulips, a technician fixing a computer, a mechanic working in the metal shop, a caretaker feeding some research animals, etc. It would be great if we could include a photo of one of us doing some library work. It could be any kind of library work. We're not going to be identifying the folks in the pics.
Let me know if you'd be interested in posing for such a photo or if you have any questions. The "photo shoot" wouldn't take long and would be scheduled to your convenience.
University Council (from Mary Ann Baker)
KULSS Spring General Meeting
Staff Development Ideas
At the All Staff Meeting with Interim Co-Deans Mary Roach and Kent Miller, Donna reported IS Staff Development is being aggressively pursued.
KCMO courses/certificate program, ALA itineraries
Agenda Items for meeting with Co-Deans
Action Items for next meeting:WHO? BY WHEN? WHAT?
1. Monica: Friday, May 5 - Send out call for nominations for elections
2. Monica: Next meeting - Talk with Judith about possible joint mtg w/ LFA re: SDC
3. Monica: ASAP - Send general mtg invite to interim deans
4. Kevin: Next meeting - Compile nominations, put together ballots
Our next meeting will be May 18, Watson B
Support Staff newsletter
Staff Development Ideas