The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Watson B – 10-11:30am
PRESENT: Monica Claassen-Wilson (FY06 Chair), Rebecca Claassen (FY06 Vice-Chair), Jill Becker (Group 3), Kevin Fussell (Group 2), Denise Swartz (Group 1), Robert Szabo (Group 4)
ABSENT: Angie Rathmel (Secretary)
Approval of May 4th Meeting Minutes DONE
Approval of May 4th Meeting Action Items
WHO? BY WHEN? WHAT?
1. Monica: Friday, May 5 - Send out call for nominations for elections DONE
2. Monica: Next meeting - Talk with Judith about possible joint mtg w/ LFA re: SDC Done Judith reports that an IS-wide staff development group is currently in the works, and that LFA has decided to wait a bit longer to see what this group will look like.
3. Monica: ASAP - Send general mtg invite to interim deans See below
4. Kevin: Next meeting - Compile nominations, put together ballots DONE
Support Staff Senate (from Mary Ann Baker)
Kevin will collect nominations/volunteer names and put together ballots. Plan to have the final versions ready to send out by early next week. Group reps will send ballots to their groups with a note about the return date.
Brainstorming for staff development seminar/workshop
The group spent 30 minutes brainstorming ideas for session topics, workshop titles, and goals of a possible staff development seminar/workshop. Monica will compile the lists and bring them to the next meeting.
The selection committee has not yet met. Monica will check in with Donna to get a progress report on this, as well as on the IS-wide staff development committee.
KULSS Spring General Meeting
Plans on hold pending the announcement of the SSEYA winner.
The Dewey Decimators continue to have a winning record.
Emerson Crabill (night and wkend supervisor in Watson) will be leaving KU at the end of May to continue his education at the University of Nebraska.
Action Items for next meeting:
WHO? BY WHEN? WHAT?
1. Kevin: Early next week - Send out ballots to group reps
2. Group reps: Upon above - Send out ballots to groups
3. Monica: Next meeting - Contact Donna re: SSEYA and SDC progress
4. Monica: Next meeting - Compile brainstorm lists
Support Staff newsletter
Staff Development Ideas