The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
KULLS Exec 1/22/09 1030-12 WAT 503A
Present: Adam Reilly, Sarah Thomas, Jules Warrick
Absent: Meredith Huff, Sheila Orth, Kyle Sederstrom, Robert Szabo
Action Items -
New - All will send notes to Meredith for minutes. Meredith’s computer is fixed and relocated to where she needs it, minutes and website updates can now be done.
New – Sarah is working with Mary to get listserv updated and procedure in place for future maintenance. Will discuss more at next mtg. Will give Mike info after list is up to date so he can send out eval/merit announcement.
New – Sarah resend outlook meeting request for regular meetings with adjusted time
New – Sarah give Mike small grps feedback and ask for clarification on “control” statement.
New – Sarah, Sheila, Robert decide who will join time management group
Old/New – Jules will talk to Anne Hayden re: ISDC
Old – Discuss Admin/KULSA involvement in Holiday party (done)
Old – OCDA Summary – all agree replaced by Mike’s rpt (done)
Old – Holiday Party (done)
Old – SSEYA procedure (not yet done)
New, Conf 09 – Adam contact Pinnacle re: massages
New, Conf 09 – Jules start on the Trivia Bowl
New, Conf 09 – Sarah talk to Lanis and Union re: room reservations for conference
New, Conf 09 – Sarah talk to Courtney re: photo booth at Conf for photo directory
New, Conf 09 – Sarah talk to Mike re: resume and KPERs workshops
New, Conf 09 – Sarah re-do Conf 09 Actions/to-do list and make schedule for day for next mtg
New, Conf 09 – ALL start working by email to get some Conf items done, example Terry Proctor presentation selection
Group Reports -
Group 1 – Roberta Woods (formerly intern) will now be USS Staff J
No events for Group 2, no other group reports.
Committee reports –
(Jules will send)
Meeting updates –
Dean’s Council 1/15
- The Maps large format printer is getting repaired – this may be good news for printing banners, signs for the conference
- We will be doing LIBQUAL again this spring
- There will be library wide events 2/19 and 3/10, save the dates
- Mike will send an email to USS summarizing eval/merit procedure adjustments for this year
- Mike will be sending out a voting mechanism soon for staff to pick Sup Forum topics
Management Council 1/21
- Denise provided an update on Initiative One. One exciting new thing coming will be a single logon for all apps/services. No more logging on multiple times J also staff training on IT Security coming soon.
- We now have a ½ time rep at KUEA to help raise funds for the Libraries. This is as a result of our past year’s successful fund and profile raising.
- Bill Crowe will be the new Chair for the KUL Board of Advocates.
Discussion of Mike’s Supv Forum small groups report –
Feedback – Small groups are more effective than large groups. Let participants feel ownership, keep it interactive.
Conference 09 -
We need to give moving. All voted and unanimously decided to put regular KULSS business on hold until March, and devote weekly meeting to Conference Planning.
Concerns for Dean’s Meeting 1/26 –
Will present budget cut proposal for Conf.