The University of Kansas Libraries
Library Faculty and Professionals Assembly
Promotion and Tenure & Progress Toward Tenure Review Information
In the Overview Document you will find a description of the procedures related to P&T and PTTR.
The reader is cautioned to consult the authoritative sources cited in the Overview Document for up-to-date information. Questions should be directed to the reader's supervisor, mentor, and/or the Libraries’ Human Resources (HR) Director.
All of links cited in the Overview Document appear below:
- Faculty Senate Rules & Regulations (FSRR), and, in particular, Article VI.
- Library Faculty and Professionals Assembly (LFPA) Code of Governance.
- Criteria for Academic Ranks of Librarians
- Discipline Expectations for Library Faculty at KU
- The relevant guidelines found on the Provost's website.
- (New) Electronic Submission Guidelines for Promotion & Tenure Materials
- Promotion, Tenure, Sabbatical Leave & PTTR Calendars
- Notes from the Provost’s Promotion & Tenure open meeting, May 7, 2012
- List of institutions with associated professional status of academic librarians. The list is on a blog and may at least provide some useful status information when identifying external reviewers.
- UCPT suggestions sent to Dean’s Council April 2012.