LibArt Submission Guidelines
You: All currently enrolled KU students (undergraduate and graduate) are eligible to submit up to five (5) original works of art for consideration.
Your work: All artwork must be original.
- Eligibility for physical display:
- Art must be two-dimensional (paintings, drawings, photos, mixed media, shallow reliefs, etc.)
- Art must be delivered "ready to hang" (see complete details)
- Eligibility for digital display:
- Art may be two-dimensional, three-dimensional or multimedia.
Applicants must complete an online submission form for each artwork by midnight, Tuesday, April 8, 2014. The form will prompt applicants to upload an image or clip of their work.
- Medium- to high-resolution JPG files (minimum of 600px by 600px) are preferred, though other file formats will be accepted (TIF, PDF, GIF or PNG). Regardless of type, individual files must not exceed 10 MB.
- If you have questions/concerns about creating a digital image of your work, please contact Courtney Foat, LibArt committee chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785–864–0970.
- MOV and AVI file formats will be accepted.
- Video files should not exceed 3 minutes in length.
- Due to our location in the library, we are not able to play audio. (You may submit video files with audio, but please keep in mind that viewers will hear no sound if your film is exhibited.)
The submission form also includes an Exhibition Agreement (details terms of the exhibition period and retrieval, as well as liability) and Copyright Release (permits KU Libraries to display work and include images on the KU Libraries website).
Entries will be evaluated by KU Libraries’ LibArt Committee and all decisions are final. (The committee will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin or ancestry, color, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, etc.)
Selections will be made based on artistic merit; the committee’s goal is to select a broad representation of styles, content and media. Artwork may be rejected based on the following:
- Excessive weight or dimensions of the artwork (or other space constrictions)
- Inappropriate for viewing by the general public, including children
- Graphic depictions of violence or sex
- Advertising of products or services
All applicants will be notified of the results via email by April 18.
Need additional help or have other questions?
Please feel free to contact Courtney Foat, LibArt committee chair, at email@example.com or 785-864-0970.