The following subject guides have been created for art, architecture and design topics:
- Architecture Resources: Information on searching for books and articles, for information on firms and individuals, on materials, codes, and standards, on finding images, dvds, and videoclips.
- Art Resources: Basic sources for researching an art topic including finding books, journal articles, biographies, images, current information, web directories, dvds and videoclips.
- The Business of Art: Markets, Auctions, Appraisals, Galleries: Includes 4 pages of information on art markets & marketing for artists, art auctions & pricing, art appraisals, and commercial art galleries.
- Crimes Against Art: Thefts & Repatriation Issues: Resources for research on art theft, art provenance, and cultural repatriation.
- Design Resouces: Basic sources for researching a design topic including finding books, journal articles, biographies, images, current information, web directories, product data, typography and interior design sources.
- Display of Art: Resources on art exhibitions, including sources for finding information on current exhibitions, the indexes of artists who participated in serial exhibitions, histories/indexes/catalogs from the Paris Salons of the 19th century, the documentation about World's Fairs, and the more recent phenomena of international exhibitions such as the biennials which are an important showcase for contemporary artists.
- East Asian Art Resources: Basic English-language resources for researching Chinese, Japanese, and Korean art. Includes information for finding books and articles, images, and multimedia, information on artists and art terminology, museums and societies.
- Researching Objects in the Spencer Museum of Art: From the first steps of examining the art work and reading the label to finding publications published by the museum or finding information on the object in other books and articles. Also includes finding artists' biographies, art terminology, ways to cite art information in papers, and finding images of both objects in the Spencer Museum of Arts collection as well as other collections worldwide.
- Subjects and Symbols in Art: Includes information on the basic dictionaries, classical mythology in art, Christian iconography, specific sources for western and non-western art, image collections, and reproduction indexes.
- Resources for Print Research: Library and internet resources related to original art prints and printmaking--books, journals, catalogues, trends, techniques, collections, organizations, and more.
- Studio Art: A basic introduction to information resources for visual artists.
- Urban Planning Resources: 5 pages of information directing users to library catalogs, indexes to articles, encyclopedias & dictionaries, case studies, site planning, building & landscape standards, online journals, images, maps, and GIS resources. Intended for both the specialist and for someone pursuing interdisciplinary research who needs an introduction to urban planning resources.
Other KU librarians have prepared subject guides to other topics that may be useful for your research. Some examples of these would be Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering by Keith Russell, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by Rhonda Houser, and East Asian Studies by Vickie Doll and Michiko Ito.