Returning KU Library Materials
Walk-up Book Returns
Walk-up book returns are available 24/7 at the following locations:
- Anschutz Library – to left of front entrance to library via Hoch Auditoria Drive
- Art & Architecture Library – on Spencer Museum of Art Drive (from Mississippi Street) behind Spencer Museum of Art near walkway to building
- Music & Dance Library – east side of Murphy Hall on Summerfield Hall Drive by way of Sunnyside Avenue
- Regents Center Library – located on the Edwards Campus outside the east entrance to the Regents Center Building
- Spahr Engineering Library – east side of library in Eaton Plaza
- Watson Library – to right of front entrance to library by way of Jayhawk Boulevard and Sunflower Road
Please return the following items inside a KU Library to prevent damage and to ensure quick availability for other users:
- Reserve items
- CDs, DVDs, videos, cassettes, LPs
- Unbound journals and magazine issues
- Microfilm and microfiche
Return Map items to the T.R. Smith Map Collections in Anschutz Library.
Library materials may also be returned inside any of the following libraries:
- Anschutz Library
- Art & Architecture Library
- Dykes Library, KU Medical Center
- Engineering Library
- Law Library
- Music & Dance Library
- Regents Center Library, Edwards Campus
- Spencer Research Library
- T.R. Smith Map Collections, Anschutz Library
- Watson Library
Items returned to Dykes Library at the KU Medical Center will not be checked in until the items arrive on the Lawrence or Edwards campuses; therefore, please allow 4-7 days for the items to be delivered to the Lawrence or Edwards campuses from Dykes Library.
All items checked out for two weeks or less should be returned to the library from which they were checked out by the time due in order to avoid overdue charges and in order to renew them. Placing items checked out for two weeks or less in one of the walk-up book returns may result in overdue charges.
Mail or Delivery Service Returns
The KU Libraries will accept the postmark or shipping date as the return date for KU Libraries materials. However, the borrower remains responsible for the items until they are received in the KU Libraries.
You may want to purchase insurance for the items in case they are lost in shipping. Call (785-864-4715) or email (email@example.com) the Circulation Business Office to help identify the approximate replacement cost of the items.
Address to use for returning KU Libraries items via mail or delivery service:
Circulation Business Office
Watson Library, Room 350
University of Kansas Libraries
1425 Jayhawk Blvd.
Lawrence, KS 66045-7544