Full Library Services, Definition
Full Library Services are available to KU students, faculty, staff, and authorized affiliates and include:
- On-site access to facilities of the KU Libraries system
- On-site access to computer workstations with productivity software, scanners, and laser printing
- Access to electronic information resources (some restrictions may apply)
- Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery services (including WebRetrieve and Retrieve from Shelf)
- Borrowing privileges for circulating collections
- Basic and specialized reference and instruction services
- University faculty, staff, and graduate students may sponsor up to three individuals to act as their library proxies (a proxy must show current photo identification each time a Proxy Card is presented)
Access to Full Library Services is determined by your status in University student or personnel records and requires current enrollment for KU students, active employment for KU faculty and staff, or status as an authorized affiliate, and may be affected by limits in duration of enrollment and/or employment with the University or by the expiration date recorded on the KU Card.
Access to most computer workstations requires authentication with the KU Online ID and Password. Access to printing requires authentication with the KU Online ID and Password, and value in the Beak ‘Em Bucks account supported by the KU Card program. A limited number of Public Access Workstations that do not require authentication are available and free dot-matrix printing is available in Anschutz and Watson for individuals who provide their own letter-size paper. Off-campus access to licensed databases, electronic journals, and electronic books requires authentication with the KU Online ID and Password.
Authorized KU Affiliates, Faculty, Graduate Students, Retirees and Emeritus Faculty, Unclassified Staff, and University Support Staff receive Full Library Services, may check out an unlimited number of long-term loan items for four months, and may renew the items five times via the Library Catalog before returning the items to the library or bringing the items to the library to check them out again.
KU Undergraduate Students and KU Law Students may check out an unlimited number of long-term loan items for six weeks, and may renew the items five times via the Library Catalog before returning the items to the library or bringing the items to the library to check them out again.
All long-term loan items are subject to recall at any time and must be returned within 14 days of the recall date to avoid overdue charges. Short-term and reserve loan items checked out for two weeks or less must be returned to the library from which they were checked out by the time due in order to avoid overdue charges and in order to renew them.
All KU Affiliates, Faculty, Graduate Students, Retirees and Emeritus Faculty, Unclassified Staff, Undergraduate Students, and University Support Staff are required to present the KU Card to check out or renew library materials and to request library services.