The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Mentoring Committee
Purpose & Goals of the KU Libraries Mentoring Program
The KU Libraries Mentoring Program is available to all library employees for the purposes of providing mentoring support toward their professional goals and the development of employee potential.
This program is designed to provide opportunities to:
- enhance career growth
- develop and improve skill sets
- encourage exposure to different perspectives
In addition, the Mentoring Program focuses on coordinating mentoring support for pre-tenure library faculty in accordance with University Promotion and Tenure guidelines.
In support of the Mentoring Program, the Libraries Mentoring Committee’s goals are to:
- Coordinate and support a Library faculty mentoring program
- Instill and foster a broad culture of mentoring within the University Libraries
- Promote the benefits of mentoring – not only for mentees but mentors as well
- Ensure that mentoring resources are available to all Library faculty and staff
- Develop and support a “toolkit” aimed toward supporting the mentor / mentee relationship
The University of Kansas Libraries Mentoring Committee is appointed by and reports to Dean Lorraine Haricombe.Contact: John Stratton, email@example.com