TripSaver is a service that sends eligible library materials via campus mail.
Who is eligible to use TripSaver?
TripSaver is only eligible to faculty and staff. Students CANNOT use TripSaver.
What library materials are eligible for TripSaver?
- Micro format materials
- Circulating items located at the KU Libraries Annex
- Interlibrary Loan items with at least an 11-day loan period unless it is "library use only"
What library materials are not eligible for TripSaver?
- CDs and LPs
- Bound journal issues
- Short-term interlibrary loan items (11 days or less)
How do I receive my interlibrary loans via TripSaver?
- You will need to log into WebRetrieve and change the pick up location through "Change User Information." Once you have activated TripSaver as your pick up location, all of your interlibrary loan borrowing items will be delivered this way.
- Not all interlibrary loan items will be eligible for TripSaver. Items that have Library Use Only restrictions, short use periods, or are in fragile condition need to be picked up at a KU Libraries Service Desk that you chose as a backup location.
- NOTE: If you will be away from your department for a period of time please consider deactivating TripSaver so items will not be delivered while you are away.
How are library materials delivered?
- Items are delivered by campus mail to your department.
- NOTE: Campus mail will not accept returns. Any materials you received via TripSaver will need to be returned to any of the KU Libraries service desks or bookdrops.
How long will it take to receive my materials through TripSaver?
- KU owned items should be delivered to you in three working days.
- Interlibrary Loan Borrowing items will be delivered to you within three days of the item's being received by KU Interlibrary Loan Borrowing Staff.
- Turnaround time excludes weekends and university holidays.
How do I place a TripSaver request for KU owned items?
- 1. Look in KU's Library Catalog to find what you want.
- 2. Once you find the record of the item you want, click on the "Recalls and Requests" button at the top of the webpage.
- 3. Login using your KU username and password (as in your KU email account).
- 4. Select "Retrieve from Shelf" from the drop down menu and click OK.
- 5. Complete the form and select TripSaver as your pickup location.
What are my options if I received a cancellation notice?
- If you received a cancellation notice that stated item was not found on shelf, please go to WebRetrieve and select the "Request a Loan - Not Available at KU" option.
- If you received a cancellation notice that stated item not available for delivery, this usually means the patron is ineligible for TripSaver. In this case, you need to submit a request through "Retrieve from Shelf" again and change the pick up location to any of the KU Service Desk locations.
Who can I contact if I have any questions?
- Please contact 785-864-3964 or ILLLend@ku.edu if you have any questions. TripSaver operates requests from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST/CDT Monday through Friday.