The University of Kansas Libraries
Instructions for exporting citations from ACM Digital Library to EndNote
Association for Computing Machinery digital library
- Conduct your search.
- Citations can only be transported individually. Click on the one you would like to export.
- From the reference citation, click EndNote under Export Formats in the menu on the right.
- In the next screen, select Download. (You may need to pull the box open further using the arrow in the lower right-hand corner.)
Some browsers may ask you to choose a helper application.
- Check Open with then click Browse.
- This will open a second box (the Choose Helper Application box). Select EndNote.
- Click OK to both boxes when finished.
- You can also check Do this automatically for files like this from now on, to save time in the future.
If citations fail to export, also check for pop-up blockers (which may appear as a banner notice along the top or bottom of your screen). Citation also will not export if you have a reference open in EndNote. (To be sure you do not have a reference open, in EndNote, click on All References.)