The University of Kansas Libraries
Instructions for exporting citations from EBSCOhost to EndNote
A sample search using Abstracts in Social Gerontology gives an overview of how to export from most EbscoHost databases to EndNote.
- Conduct your search.
- Click Add to Folder for citations you want to export. As shown below, the folder is located at the top. When you've collected all the citations you plan to export, click Folder.
- Check the references to be exported or toggle Select / deselect all then click Export.
- In the next screen, select Direct Export in RIS Format then click Save.
Some browsers may ask you to choose a helper application.
- Check Open with then click Browse.
- This will open a second box (the Choose Helper Application box). Select EndNote.
- Click OK to both boxes when finished.
- You can also check Do this automatically for files like this from now on, to save time in the future.
If citations fail to export, also check for pop-up blockers (which may appear as a banner notice along the top or bottom of your screen). Citation also will not export if you have a reference open in EndNote. (To be sure you do not have a reference open, in EndNote, click on All References.)