The University of Kansas Libraries
Instructions for exporting citations from Emerald to EndNote
- Conduct your search.
- Narrow your search by choosing a format from the View results for: menu.
- Now that the check-boxes are available, check articles for which you plan to export citations then, from the Add to the marked list menu, click Go.
- The following notice will appear at the top of your screen.
- To access your marked list, click Marked lists from the left side of the same screen (notice how the checkmarks in the boxes have disappeared).
- In the next screen, click Select all or choose individual articles for export, then click Export options.
- Click Export to EndNote, Reference Manager.
Some browsers may ask you to choose a helper application.
- Check Open with then click Browse.
- This will open a second box (the Choose Helper Application box). Select EndNote.
- Click OK to both boxes when finished.
- You can also check Do this automatically for files like this from now on, to save time in the future.
If citations fail to export, also check for pop-up blockers (which may appear as a banner notice along the top or bottom of your screen). Citation also will not export if you have a reference open in EndNote. (To be sure you do not have a reference open, in EndNote, click on All References.)