The University of Kansas Libraries
Instructions for exporting citations from Oxford Journals to EndNote
- Conduct your search.
- From the search results screen, check the boxes to the left of the journals for which you plan to export citations then, from the upper menu, click download to citation manager then Go.
- In the next screen, click Download ALL Selected Citations to Citation Manager.
- Finally, choose EndNote as the download format in the Download Directly to Citation Manager screen.
Some browsers may ask you to choose a helper application.
- Check Open with then click Browse.
- This will open a second box (the Choose Helper Application box). Select EndNote.
- Click OK to both boxes when finished.
- You can also check Do this automatically for files like this from now on, to save time in the future.
If citations fail to export, also check for pop-up blockers (which may appear as a banner notice along the top or bottom of your screen). Citation also will not export if you have a reference open in EndNote. (To be sure you do not have a reference open, in EndNote, click on All References.)