The University of Kansas Libraries
Instructions for exporting citations from ProQuest-platform databases to EndNote
A sample search using ABI/Inform gives an overview of how to export from most ProQuest databases to EndNote.
- Begin by conducting your search.
- Select resources by checking the box to the left of the title. Hover, don't click, over Export/Save on the right hand side of the blue Selected Items bar.
- From the drop-down list, click on EndNote, Reference Manager or ProCite.
- In the Export/Save pop-up box, click Continue.
Some browsers may ask you to choose a helper application.
- Check Open with then click Browse.
- This will open a second box (the Choose Helper Application box). Select EndNote.
- Click OK to both boxes when finished.
- You can also check Do this automatically for files like this from now on, to save time in the future.
If citations fail to export, also check for pop-up blockers (which may appear as a banner notice along the top or bottom of your screen). Citation also will not export if you have a reference open in EndNote. (To be sure you do not have a reference open, in EndNote, click on All References.)