The Learning Studio
The Learning Studio is a partnership of KU Libraries, Undergraduate Studies and KU Information Technology to create a dynamic, student-centered space located on the 3rd and 4th floor of Anschutz Library. It builds on the success Anschutz Library already enjoys as the central hub of undergraduate research and learning at KU. The Studio features technology, an integrated service point, and a variety of study spaces. All of this is brought together with librarians, IT professionals and academic achievement staff, to support students in writing, research, study skills and use of technology.
This welcoming environment offers unique opportunities for students to collaborate with their peers, study and research, and find support for their academic work.
- Check out Writing Center hours.
- Learn more about consultations with an expert from the Writing Center.
- Browse the Writing Center's writing guides.
- See FAQs about the KU Writing Center.
Research and information
- Ask-a-Librarian: We're here to help!
- Get all your KU questions answered at KU Info.
- Search articles and databases.
- Find subject and course guides.
- Access citation management tools.
The open computer areas on the 3rd and 4th floors of Anschutz house more than 100 workstations (check availability). These include multiple scanning workstations (with Adobe Design Premium), specialized workstations with assistive technology and accessible furniture, as well as express print and quick access stations.
- Learn more about printing, scanning and copying at the Libraries.
- Find tech help at KU IT's Knowledge Base.
- Sign up for a technology workshop.
- Find everything you want to know about software at KU.
- Read our Internet Use Policy.
Come visit us at the 3rd floor circulation desk in Anschutz to inquire about technology available for check-out at the Learning Studio.
Laptops are available for use in the library building. These cannot be taken outside of the library. Four laptops are also available for extended, out of building check-out.
Two iPad minis are available to check out for use in or outside the library. If neither is available, you can request to be added to the waiting list.
Headphones and voice recorders
These are also available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- TI-83 (3 available)
- TI-86 (1 available)
- TI-89 (3 available)
- TI-30x (1 available)
- Casio fx-115 (1 available)
- Casio fx-260 (1 available)
- HP10bll (1 available)
Learn more about group and individual study areas.
View a floormap of Anschutz to locate group study rooms and quiet zones.
Tutoring groups: Space for formal tutoring groups is located on the 4th floor of the Learning Studio. These spaces are scheduled by Tutoring Services (part of the Academic Achievement and Access Center) for tutoring sessions. Reservations are posted outside each space. When not in use, these are available on a first-come, first serve basis for all Anschutz users. Learn more or sign up for a tutoring group.