Anschutz study spaces
Group study spaces
Group study rooms are walled-in study spaces with doors, located in the Learning Studio at Anschutz Library on the 4th floor. Additionally, there is one group room on the 3rd floor with a projector for presentation practice. The guidelines below are intended to make study rooms available to all guests in the fairest manner possible.
Group study rooms may be reserved in advance online or at the 3rd floor circulation desk for use by KU students, staff and faculty.
- Priority usage of these rooms goes to groups of 3 or more (larger rooms require 5 or more) with advance reservations (available to current KU students, staff and faculty for academic activities).
- Rooms are open and available to all patrons (individual or groups) when not in use by those with advance reservations.
- Reservations for groups of three or more may be made up to 7 days in advance for 2 hours maximum per reservation.
- There is a 10-minute grace period for reservations. If the group (3 or more people) is not present within the grace period, the reservation is invalid, and another group may use the room.
- Rooms cannot be reserved or held by placing personal belongings in them.
- Without a reservation, you may be asked to vacate at any time by a group who has booked the room (even if the group just made the reservation prior to arriving).
- Study rooms are meant to support academic study, research, and positive group collaborations. Inappropriate conduct such as sleeping, excessive noise, fighting, or writing objectionable, vulgar, or obscene language on the whiteboards, tables, or walls is not permitted.
- Each individual assumes responsibility for the conduct of all group members and the condition of the room.
- For safety reasons, appliances such as coffee makers, hot plates etc. are NOT allowed in these spaces.
- Food and beverages are permitted in the rooms adhering to the Food and Drink Policy.
- Large furniture, such as tables and couches, are not to be placed inside study rooms.
- Do not leave personal materials and library books unattended in the group study rooms while in class, for extended periods of time, or overnight. Unattended items will be removed. Library books that are not checked out will be returned to the stacks.
Quiet study areas
Quiet study areas are available on Levels 1 and 2 of Anschutz Library; those spaces are set aside for reading, solo computer work and other quiet tasks.
Carrels and tables are available, with power outlets and wireless access for laptops. You can check out a laptop at the Level 3 service desk, or bring your own.
For more details about quiet study, group study, and our cell phone use policy, see our noise policy.