- Cities & Buildings Database A collection of over 5000 digitized images of buildings and cities drawn from across time and throughout the world, available to students, researchers and educators on the web. The images have been scanned from original slides or drawn from documents in the public domain. Researchers can search for buildings by country, city, style, title, architect, date of construction, as well as other fields.
- Cyburbia A portal site for urban planners and others interested in cities and the built environment, contains a selective directory of Internet resources relevant to planning and urbanism. Cyburbia also includes information about mailing lists and newsgroups, and it hosts a very active bulletin board and image hosting gallery.
- New Urbanism Website devoted to this planning movement which promotes the creation and restoration of compact, walkable, mixed-use neighborhoods, towns, and cities. Includes information on smart growth, sustainablity, and transit oriented development.
- Planetizen Public-interest information exchange for the urban planning and development community. A large and comprehensive site with up to date information on planning and development in the news as well as links to important planning and development sites on the web.
- Smart Growth Online Web-based catalogue of smart growth related news, events, information and resources. Developed through a cooperative agreement between the US Environmental Protection Agency and the Sustainable Communities Network, this tool is designed to advance public understanding of smart growth and how growth can improve community livability.
- Urban Planning, 1794-1918: An International Anthology of Articles, Conference Papers, and Reports Compiled by Prof. John W. Reps of Cornell University in 2002. Full text of 185 selections of primary source material for the study of how urban planning developed up to the end of World War I.