The following subject guides have been created for art, architecture and design topics:
- Antiques & Collectibles: Information resources for researching, valuing, and documenting antiques and collectibles.
- ARCH 658 Programming & Pre-Design Issues: Information resources for the class Architecture 658: Programming & Pre-Design Issues.
- Architecture Resources: Basic sources for researching an architecture topic including finding books and journal articles, images, web directories, DVDs, and more.
- Art & Architecture Library New and Featured Books Browse new books and explore themed virtual book displays.
- Art & Art History Digital Resources: E-books, e-journals, and digital image collections for visual art are increasing in number but can be hard to find. Here are some of those resources.
- Art History: Basic sources for researching an art historical topic including finding books, journal articles, biographies, images, and web directories.
- ARTstor Help and Tutorials: A guide to assist with using ARTstor.
- The Business of Art: Markets, Auctions, Appraisals, Galleries: An introduction to resources for the buying and selling, the pricing and valuing of art.
- Crimes Against Art: Thefts & Repatriation Issues: Resources for research on art theft, art provenance, and cultural repatriation.
- Design Resources: Basic sources for researching topics in visual communications, interior design, and industrial design.
- Display of Art: Exhibitions, Biennials, Salons: Definitions and resources related to historical and contemporary exhibitions.
- East Asian Art Resources: Basic English-language resources for researching Chinese, Japanese, and Korean art.
- History of Textiles Information Resources: Resources for research on the history of textiles.
- Museum Studies: Basic sources for researching an museum studies including finding books, journal articles, and professional information.
- Researching Campus Buildings: Information resources about the buildings on the University of Kansas-Lawrence campus.
- Researching Objects in the Spencer Museum of Art: Advice and resources for investigating art works in the campus art museum.
- Resources for Print Research: Library and internet resources related to original art prints and printmaking--books, journals, catalogues, trends, techniques, collections, organizations, and more.
- Studio Art Resources: A basic introduction to information resources for visual artists.
- Subjects & Symbols in Art: Resources for searching for specific topics and names as depicted in artworks.
- Transportation: An introduction to resources on for transportation research.
- Urban Planning Resources: Guide to the books, journals, encyclopedias, professional organizations, site planning, standards, and images related to urban planning.
Other KU librarians have prepared subject guides to other topics that may be useful for your research. Some examples of these would be Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering by Keith Russell, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by Rhonda Houser, and East Asian Studies by Vickie Doll and Michiko Ito.