Circulation Policies and Procedures March 1 - August 24, 2020
KU Libraries Materials
Overdue fines incurred after March 1, 2020 and during the time instruction is offered only remotely will be forgiven.
For items with due dates of March 1, 2020 and later, the due date will be manually extended to Aug. 24, 2020. This update is a work in progress and will be applied over several weeks.
For items declared lost on or after March 1, 2020, the library will adjust the charges and check the items out again to active borrowers with a due date of Aug. 24, 2020. An active borrower is defined as a person who has been enrolled as a KU student or who works as a KU employee during the spring 2020 semester.
For KU Libraries materials that were declared lost on or before Feb. 29, 2020, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about options.
It is not currently possible to place Recall requests for checked out items. See Library Services and Resources for Remote Teaching, Learning, and Research for options about access to library materials.
Returning KU Libraries materials:
- Borrowers may keep KU Libraries' materials with future due dates and return them when the fall semester begins.
- The walk-up book returns on the Lawrence campus are currently available or materials may be returned via mail or delivery service as described at Returning Library Materials.
- Items provided to users via the Home Loan Delivery service should be returned as reported at Home Loan Delivery.
- Individuals not planning to or unable to return to the Lawrence campus are encouraged to return library materials before departing the area if at all possible. See Returning Library Materials for assistance.
If you have questions:
- Library users may review their list of checked out items by logging in to My Account. Find instructions at My Account.
- Questions regarding due dates, overdue fines, lost book replacement charges, and processing fees may be sent via email to email@example.com.
Interlibrary Loan Items Borrowed from Another Library
Users who have finished with ILL items borrowed from another library may return them to one of the walk-up book returns on the Lawrence campus. See the location of book returns at Returning Library Materials.
Users who need to continue using ILL items borrowed from another library will be notified by Interlibrary Loan when the items need to be returned.
Questions regarding ILL items borrowed from another library may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.