Visitor Access Program for Printing and Copying in the KU Libraries
In order to enhance your ability to acquire quality printing and copying in the KU Libraries, we are now selling Visitor Printing/Copying Access that will allow you to use the new Konica Minolta multi-functional devices (called MFDs) for these services.
With the transition to use of the new equipment for public copying and printing, several changes have occurred:
- The use of the Beak 'Em Bucks account associated with the KU Library Borrower Card sold to non-KU library users is no longer possible.
- Printing from the Community Access Workstations is no longer free.
- Visitors to the library, with or without a KU Library Borrower Card, will need to purchase Visitor Printing/Copying Access in order to print or copy.
- Purchase of a KU Library Borrower Card will not be required in order to use printing and copying services with the Visitor Printing/Copying Access.
Visitor Printing/Copying Access
- Print/copy costs:
- 8¢/side - black & white prints/copies
- 48¢/side - color prints/copies
- Visitor Printing/Copying Access will be sold in 3 denominations:
- $1.00 (13 black & white prints/copies)
- $5.00 (63 black & white prints/copies)
- $10.00 (124 black & white prints/copies)
- Locations to purchase Visitor Printing/Copying Access:
- Anschutz Library (cash and checks)
- Art & Architecture Library ($1.00 and cash only)
- Watson Library (cash, checks, credit & debit cards)
- Library locations to use Visitor Printing/Copying Access:
- Anschutz Library
- Art & Architecture Library
- Music & Dance Library
- Spahr Engineering Library
- Watson Library
- Wheat Law Library
Things you need to know about using Visitor Printing/Copying Access:
- The Visitor Printing/Copying Access information is issued on a letter-sized sheet of paper
- Includes assigned User Name and Temporary Password
- Provides instructions for activating use of the access at Myprint.ku.edu; this includes changing the Password
- Be certain to keep track of the User Name and Password because there is no way to retrieve the information if you lose it
- You may review remaining balance information online at Myprint.ku.edu
- Additional funds cannot be added; if you need more printing or copying, you will need to purchase and activate another Visitor Printing/Copying Access login
- No refunds for unused printing/copying value
- Use of login expires after 12 months of inactivity from last use and unused balance will not be refunded