While classes are in session, Ask-a-Librarian chat, email, phone and text services are staffed during the following hours:
Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday 1 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Why consult with a librarian?
- Find the best resources for your topic.
- Discuss strategies and develop skills for searching article databases and the library catalog.
- Identify and locate primary source materials.
- Search the web efficiently for credible information.
Email is checked throughout each day during the work week (Monday through Friday). We will respond as quickly as possible, typically within 24 hours of receipt of the question (excluding weekends and holidays). If extensive research is required, we will let you know that we are working on it and provide an approximate time frame.
Service desk phone numbers:
- Anschutz Library: 785-864-4930
- Art & Architecture Library: 785-864-3020
- Statistical Data Services: 785-864-0454
- GIS Services: 785-864-1238
- Map Collection: 785-864-4420
- Music & Dance Library: 785-864-3496
- Regents Center Library: 913-897-8570 or 785-864-8570 from Lawrence
- Spahr Engineering Library: 785-864-3866
- Spencer Research Library: 785-864-4334
- Watson Library: 785-864-3347
You can text research or library-related questions to 785-227-0934.
Standard text charges apply.
Personal data and transcripts will be kept strictly confidential and will be accessible only to authorized staff. It is the Libraries' intent to protect the privacy of each individual's intellectual investigations. Confidentiality of users' transactions with the Libraries — information concerning use of the Libraries' services and resources — will not be released except upon receipt of a lawfully issued subpoena, search warrant, or other judicial order.