Renewing Library Materials
Renewing KU Library Materials
Renewal of long-term loan items (checked out for 6 weeks or longer) may be accomplished via the Library Catalog, provided the items have not been requested by another patron, and the borrower is in good standing.
- Go to the Library Catalog. Click My Account.
- Enter patron barcode, your last name, and click Login.
- When the list of Items Checked Out appears, the default is to Renew checked items. Click the Renew? box in front of each item to be renewed. Then click Renew Items button at the bottom of the list.
- If you want to renew all items, select Renew all items from University of Kansas Libraries from the dropdown at the bottom of the Items Checked Out list, then click the Renew Items box.
- Be certain to review the Items Checked Out list again under the heading Renewal Status. Items marked with a status of Renewed will display new due dates. Items marked as Not Renewed do not provide an explanation (contact library staff for information). Items not marked for renewal will display an empty box.
- Click Logout to exit your library record.
- After the maximum online renewals have been used, the items must be returned to the library to be checked out again. KU Borrowers and Reciprocal Borrowers may renew items online five times; Resident Borrowers may renew items online two times.
- Telephone, mail, and e-mail renewals are not available.
Short-term and Reserve Loans: All items checked out for two weeks or less must be returned to the library from which they were checked out by the time due in order to avoid overdue charges and in order to renew them. These items cannot be renewed online.
Renewing Interlibrary Loan Items Borrowed from Another Library
To determine if Interlibrary Loan items borrowed from another library can be renewed, contact Interlibrary Loan/Resource Sharing at 785-864-3960 (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the due date to determine if Interlibrary Loan items can be renewed or not. Note that interlibrary loan items with “not renewable” recorded on the jacket at time of checkout cannot be renewed.