Access to Electronic Resources - Options for KU Med Students, Faculty, and Staff
KU Med students, faculty, and staff have access to some electronic resources licensed for the Lawrence and Edwards campus ONLY if the resources were also licensed for KU Med.
- First, search for the resource needed through the Dykes Library site to verify if available to KU Med patrons. Call Dykes Library at (913) 588-7166 or email email@example.com for assistance.
- For electronic items that are only available from Lawrence resources, place an interlibrary loan request through the Dykes Library Interlibrary Loan services. Library staff at Dykes will acquire the item for you from the Lawrence campus or other appropriate source.
- Visit the Edwards Campus in Overland Park where you may use many of the Lawrence/Edwards licensed resources at the workstations in the Hawks Nest in Regents Center 120 or in BEST Open Computing (1st floor, east end, BEST building). Request a guest login at the Edwards Campus Welcome & Success Center in the lobby of the Regents Center building. See Edwards Campus hours for available times.
- Visit a library on the Lawrence campus where you may use the Community Access Workstations; request a guest login at the library's service desk. See Library Locations and Hours.
- If you visit the Lawrence or Edwards campus, be prepared to send articles from database searches to your email, or to save them to your personal USB flash drive or to a cloud storage account.