Digital Publishing Services
Digital Publishing Services provides support to the KU community for the design, management and distribution of online publications, including journals, conference proceedings, monographs, and other scholarly content. We help scholars explore new and emerging publishing models in our changing scholarly communication environment, and help monitor and address campus concerns and questions about electronic publishing.
These services are intended to enable online publishing for campus publications, and help make their content available in a manner that promotes increased visibility and access, and ensures long-term stewardship of the materials.
Digital Publishing Systems & Services
We support a variety of software platforms to publish content in different formats, and can assist with moving traditional journal and monograph content to an online environment, as well as with publishing "born-digital" scholarship designed specifically for online publication. We also offer tools to help manage and streamline the production and editorial work involved in producing scholarly journals.
- KU ScholarWorks is a digital repository for scholarly work created by the faculty and staff of the University of Kansas. KU ScholarWorks makes important research available to a wider audience and helps assure its long-term preservation.
- Journals@KU supports the publication of scholarly journals online, and assists journal editors with the management, editorial work, and production work involved in producing scholarly journals. Our journal services are built on the Open Journal Systems (OJS) journal management software designed to facilitate online peer-reviewed publishing.
- XTF is a system for building and providing access to full-text, XML-encoded resources, such as TEI-encoded monographs and EAD finding aids.
Journals and Serials
- American Studies (OJS)
- Auslegung: A journal of philosophy (KU ScholarWorks)
- Biodiversity Informatics (OJS)
- Center for East Asian Studies Publication Series (KU ScholarWorks)
- Chimères (OJS)
- Digital Treatise (OJS)
- Folklorica: Journal of the Slavic and East European Folklore Association (OJS)
- Indigenous Nations Journal (KU ScholarWorks)
- Infrastructure Research Institute Reports (KU ScholarWorks)
- Journal of Amateur Sport (OJS)
- Journal of Copyright in Education & Librarianship (OJS)
- Journal of Dramatic Theory and Criticism (OJS)
- Journal of Melittology (OJS)
- Journal of Montessori Research (OJS)
- Journal of Russian American Studies (OJS)
- Journal of Undergraduate Research (KU ScholarWorks)
- Kansas Law Review (KU ScholarWorks)
- Kansas Working Papers in Linguistics (KU ScholarWorks)
- KU Field Methods in Linguistic Description (KU ScholarWorks)
- Latin American Theatre Review (OJS)
- Novitates Paleoentomologicae (OJS)
- Slavia Centralis (KU ScholarWorks)
- Slovene Linguistic Studies (KU ScholarWorks)
- Social Thought and Research (KU ScholarWorks)
- Special Publication of the University of Kansas Museum of Natural History (KU ScholarWorks)
- Treatise Online (OJS)
- Undergraduate Research Journal for the Humanities (KU ScholarWorks)
- University of Kansas Paleontological Contributions (KU ScholarWorks)
- Biographical Dictionary of Kansas Artists
- Cartobibliography of Maps in 18th Century British and American Geographical Works
- The French Presence in Kansas 1673-1854
- Greetings from the Teklimakan: A Handbook of Modern Uyghur
- Jesuatti Book of Remedies
- Pontificalia: A Repertory of Latin Manuscript Pontificals and Benedictionals
- Rapan lifeways : society and history on a Polynesian island
- Rudimenta Grammatices by Niccolo Perotti
- Tajik Persian: Readings in History, Culture and Society
- University of Kansas Publications - Humanistic Series
- University of Kansas Publications - Library Series
- University Press of Kansas Monographs