Renewing Library Materials
Renewing Library Materials
Policies regarding the renewal of library materials are outlined in the KU Policy Library document titled KU Libraries: Renewing and Returning Library Materials.
How to Renew KU Library Materials
Renewal of long-term loan items (checked out for 6 weeks or longer) may be accomplished online through the Libraries' website, provided the items have not been requested by another patron, and the borrower is in good standing.
Renewing KU Items with Library Catalog Login
- Go to the Libraries' website. Click the My Account link.
- Log in as instructed. See Authentication, Identification Requirements, Barcodes, and Logging in to Library Services for login help.
- When the list of Items Checked Out appears, you have two options:
- Click the Renew? box in front of each item to be renewed. Then click Renew Items at the bottom of the list.
- To attempt to renewal of all items, scroll down to the dropdown box that offers two choices:
- Renew checked items, and,
- Renew all items from University of Kansas Libraries. To renew all items, select Renew all items from University of Kansas Libraries, then Renew Items.
- Be certain to review the Items Checked Out list again under the heading Renewal Status.
- Items marked with a status of Renewed will display new due dates.
- Items marked as Not Renewed do not provide an explanation. Contact library staff for information or send an email inquiry to the Circulation Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Items not marked for renewal will display an empty box.
- Click Logout to exit your library record.
- After the maximum online renewals have been used, the items must be returned to the library to be checked out again. All borrowers may renew eligible items online five times.
Renewing KU Items with Library Search Login
- To log in to My Account when using the Libraries Search option, click Sign In and log in as instructed. See Authentication, Identification Requirements, Barcodes, and Logging in to Library Services for login help.
- Your name will appear in the upper right of the screen. Click My Account.
- When the List of Active Loans appears, you have two options:
- Click Renew All to renew all eligible items.
- Non-renewable items are clearly identified by the grayed out box and the Not renewable Status reported in the far right column of the display.
- To see new due dates, use your browser's equivalent of Reload Current Page. Scroll to the bottom of the List of Active Loans to se the new due dates.
- To renew selected items, click the open box in front of the item(s); then click Renew Selected.
- A message appears in a yellow banner directly below List of Active Loans reporting "The renewal request was successfully submitted."
- In orde r to see the new due dates, use your browser's equivalent of Reload Current Page. Scroll to the bottom of the List of Active Loans to see the new due dates.
- Items identified as Not Renewable will need to be returned to the library by the due date and time listed to avoid overdue fines and/or lost item replacement charges and processing fees.
- Click Logout to exit your library record and close your browser.
- After the maximum number of online renewals has been used, the items must be returned to the library to be checked out again. All borrowers may renew eligible items online five times.
Items That Cannot Be Renewed Online
- Interlibrary Loan items borrowed from another library.
- Items that have already been renewed the maximum number of times allowed.
- Items that have been Recalled by another library user.
- Items that have been declared lost and billed for replacement.
- Virtually all items checked out for two weeks or less including equipment and Course Reserves.
- Items checked to library users who owe $80 or more in library charges.
- Items checked out to library users who are no longer eligible for library services (not enrolled or employed, borrower card expired, for example).
Renewal Limits: why is there a renewal limit?
The KU Libraries' renewal policies are intended to encourage users to return library materials they are no longer actively using. This makes more books available for browsing and research by other library users and protects the library's collections from damage and loss. The KU Libraries' and all library users are responsible for the safety and security of the collections, and asking users to bring the books to the library at regular intervals helps both the users and the KU Libraries to meet that responsibility.
Renewing KU Library Materials In Person at a Library Service Desk
After the maximum number of online renewals have been used and for items that cannot be renewed online, library borrowers in good standing may present KU library materials eligible to be checked out again at a KU Libraries' service desk. With the items in hand and with presentation of the KU Card (or acceptable substitute), the KU Proxy Borrower Card and photo ID, or the KU Library Borrower Card and government-issued photo ID, eligible items may be checked out again.
Short-term and Reserve Loans: All items checked out for two weeks or less must be returned to the library from which they were checked out by the time due in order to avoid overdue charges and in order to check them out again. These items cannot be renewed online.
Telephone, mail, and email renewals are not available.
Renewing Interlibrary Loan Items Borrowed from Another Library
To determine if Interlibrary Loan items borrowed from another library can be renewed, contact Interlibrary Loan/Resource Sharing at (785) 864-3960 (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday) or by email to email@example.com prior to the due date to determine if Interlibrary Loan items can be renewed or not. Note that interlibrary loan items with “not renewable” recorded on the jacket at time of checkout cannot be renewed. For additional information, see How do I request a renewal?
For additional information, see the KU Policy Library document titled KU Libraries: Renewing and Returning Library Materials.