From My Account, current library users may:
- See the postal mailing address on record with the KU Libraries
- Access and save or remove items from the Bookbag
- Review patron blocks
- Review due dates for items checked out and determine whether items have been recalled
- Renew eligible long-term loan items
- Review and cancel requests
- Review fines and fees payable at the library
Additional My Account information:
Logging in to My Account
KU (Lawrence/Edwards campuses) students, faculty, and staff have multiple options:
- From the Library Catalog, click My Account, and enter 8-digit patron barcode number and last name.
- From the Library Catalog, click My Account, and log in with your KU Online ID and Password.
- From the Kyou Portal, log in with your KU Online ID and Password. Click Services. You will see headings for Items I Have (Items Checked Out), Items Waiting (Request Information), Fines and Fees, and My Library Account. Click My Library Account to review your personal information.
All other borrowers, including those with KU Library Borrower Cards, must log in from the Library Catalog. Click My Account and enter your 8-digit patron barcode number and last name. Other Library Users do not have access to the Kyou portal.
Personal Information in My Account
Personal Information displays the library user’s name and postal mailing address. The phone number will also appear if recorded in the circulation system’s patron record. It is not possible to change the display address to the email address.
The Libraries’ primary method of communication with library borrowers is with email messages. See Address Changes for how to update your email address in your library record.
View Bookbag Link in My Account
A link to the Bookbag is provided from within My Account. Access to the Bookbag requires log in with the 8-digit barcode and last name. KU students, faculty, and staff may also log in with the KU Online ID and Password or through the Kyou Portal.
The Bookbag feature allows you save records for up to 1,000 items, and then to print, save, or email those records. Records from multiple search sessions are cumulatively saved until you delete them. Records are displayed in the order they were added to the Bookbag starting with the oldest addition at the top of the screen. Records cannot be sorted by author, title, or date.
From the Bookbag, you may select one item at a time to go to the Full Record in order to place Recall, Retrieve from Shelf, or TripSaver requests. It is not possible to select multiple items and simultaneously enter requests for all of them at the same time.
Patron Blocks in My Account
Contact any Library Circulation Desk or the Circulation Business Office (in person at the Watson Library Service Desk, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday; by email at email@example.com; or by phone at 785-864-4715) to ask questions about any of the following blocks.
- You have 00.00 in fines and fees. The limit for your group is 80.00. [an actual dollar amount will be recorded]
- Your patron address expired on MM/DD/YYYY.
- Your patron record expired on MM/DD/YYYY.
Items Checked Out in My Account
The Items Checked Out section lists the following information for each item:
- Title (including author, title, location, and call number)
- Item Type (can be a clue as to why item cannot be renewed)
- Item Status
The Status information includes:
- Whether the item was Charged (checked out for the first time)
- Whether the item has been Renewed
- Due date
- Whether the item has been Recalled
With Recalled items, the new due date displays first followed by the last previous pre-recall due date in parenthesis. This can be confusing if the pre-recall due date reflects that the item was already overdue or soon to be overdue at the time the recall was placed. See Recalling Library Materials for additional information.
Request Information in My Account
The Request Information section will display two boxes if they are applicable to the borrower:
- Requests Pending
- Items Available
This section provides information about any items the borrower has:
- Entered a Recall request
- Placed a Retrieve from Shelf or TripSaver (call slip) request
- Item On Hold for check-out at a library service desk (Deliver to location); the expire date listed is the last day the item will be on the designated Hold Shelf for the requestor.
- Canceled the request
Definitions of the Statuses appearing in Requests Pending for Retrieve from Shelf and TripSaver items:
- Accepted: Request has been successfully placed, but the request has not yet been viewed by library staff
- Printed: Request has been printed, but not yet filled by library staff
- Not Filled: Library unable to fill request; brief “No Fill” reason appears. This reason also appears in the email notice sent to requestor.
- Expired: The request has expired.
- Error: An error occurred in processing the request.
When a Recall request is placed, it will first appear in Requests Pending. When it becomes available for check-out at the Deliver to location, it moves to Items Available.
When a Retrieve from Shelf request is filled successfully, the item information, the Hold Shelf expire date, and the Deliver to location display in the Items Available box.
When a filled Retrieve from Shelf or Recalled item is sent to another location for checkout, it will display in Requests Pending with a Position 1 Status until the item is put On Hold at the checkout location. When the item is On Hold at the checkout location, it appears in Items Available.
Items delivered to eligible KU faculty and staff through the TripSaver service will display in the Items Checked Out section.
Status information for Retrieve from Shelf and TripSaver requests continues to appear in Request Information for 14 days before disappearing from the display.
Fines and Fees in My Account
The Fines and Fees section of My Account displays the charges currently on record and payable at the Circulation Business Office in Watson Library (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday).
Individual unpaid charges are transferred to the KU Bursar’s Office for collection approximately 90 to 120 days following the item’s last due date before the charges were incurred. Bursar Transferred charges no longer appear in the Fines and Fees display; nevertheless, they remain payable to the University.
Information displayed in Fines and Fees includes:
- Date the charge was assessed or paid
- Title of the item, when applicable
- Type of charge or payment (Fee/Posting Type)
- How much charged (Fee)
- Payments made (Posting)
- Balance remaining due for each charge (Balance column)
- Total Amount Due